Sunday, May 2, 2010

Couponing for Community

I have been blessed by not having to use the food shelves over the past year and 2 months as my husband was laid off.  People wonder how we were able to survive on his unemployment and my part time working.  I have to admit, that couponing was the answer. 

I have learned to use coupons to save my family money and have taught many others to save their family money. I have also been able to donate to local food shelves and help out others that have hard times, that need more than what a food shelf has to offer. Without couponing, there wouldn't be a way for me to do that and I feel that it is part of my mission in life to help others in need.

With those skills that we have learned, I challenge you to pick up a few extra items this week to donate on Saturday 5/8 to Stamp Out Hunger, a national food drive organized by the Association of Letter Carriers. Pick up your non-perishable items and place them in a bag by your mailbox. Your mail carrier will pick it up. How easy is that?!?

RSVP to the event Couponing for Community that Kaley has organized for this week.  Join this community of couponers by giving items to a food pantry, a friend or relative in need, or a battered woman's shelter during the week of May 2-8.  I would love to hear where you are donating to or if you have a great idea of what to donate with the sales this week either here on the blog or on facebook!

Let's do our share and fill up the food shelves.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews